Capstone Track Time is a high protein muesli style feed for young horses in training and racing. It is a balanced complete feed, featuring premium quality micronized grains, scientifically formulated to fulfil the nutritional requirements of the young equine athlete.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Contains micronized cereal grains: A patented, relatively new processing technology that increases digestibility of grains in the small intestine and reduces the risk of starch overload of the caecum or large intestine.
- 15% Protein: High level of quality protein to meet the requirements of young horses in training and racing.
- High quality protein sources: Includes Full Fat Soya and Lysine for a high quality amino acid profile.
- Includes Lupins: Lupins are high in protein, provide a cool source of digestible energy, and are low in starch.
- Muesli style feed: Highly palatable and ensures horses “clean up”.
- High in fat: High source of digestible energy that reduces the risk of starch overload of the hindgut. Fat also promotes coat shine.
- Fully fortified: Meets all the protein, vitamin and mineral requirements of the young equine athlete.
- Good balance of major minerals: Magnesium, Calcium and Phosphorous in balance to build strong bones in young horses.
- Live Yeast culture: Increases hindgut digestion of fibre.
- Added antioxidants: Vitamin E and Selenium can reduce muscle soreness, cell damage and other related disorders.
- Added Chromium: To improve Glucose transfer and reduce lactic acid accumulation.
- Added Electrolytes: To replace electrolyte losses in sweat during exercise and travel.
- High levels of B Vitamins: To help build red blood cells and keeps horses “cleaning up” feed.
EFFECTIVENESS OF MICRONIZED CEREAL GRAINS
Unprocessed grains let significant amounts of undigested starches pass through the large intestine or hindgut, where they ferment, resulting in lactic acid, gas, heat and ammonia build-up, leading to a lower hindgut pH. As a result, horses could suffer from acidosis, fatigue, nervous behaviour, colic, laminitis, gastro intestinal upsets and reduced performance.
Capstone Track Time contains micronized Maize and micronized Barley. Micronizing is a method of processing grains using infrared technology to heat and vibrate the starch molecule, followed by a rolling or flaking process. This dramatically improves the digestion of cereal grains in the small intestine. Increased starch digestion in the small intestine promotes weight gain or growth and reduces the need to feed as much grain, thus reducing the risk of starch overload of the hindgut. Micronized grains are therefore safer to feed. Benefits include:
- excellent digestibility,
- higher energy levels,
- a calmer horse,
- reduced lactic acid build up,
- reduced muscle soreness and cell damage
- a much lower risk of starch overload in the hindgut (colic, laminitis, acidosis & diarrhoea),
- improved palatability,
- and greater efficiency.
As a guideline:
- Horses in full exercise, weighing approximately 500kg, will require between 4kg (or 6.5 litres) to 8kg (13 litres) of Capstone Track Time per day. The amount of Capstone Track Time fed should be varied depending on the exercise intensity, metabolism, forage quality and body condition of the horse.
- Halve the intake of Capstone Track Time on rest days.
- Capstone Track Time should be fed in conjunction with a minimum of 1% of the horse’s bodyweight (5kg for a 500kg horse) of good quality roughage such as chaff or hay to provide a fibre source for optimal hindgut health.
- It is recommended not to feed more than 2.5kg (or 4 litres) of Capstone Track Time per single feed.
- Because Capstone Track Time is a highly digestible, high energy feed, care should be taken not to overfeed horses confined to stables or not receiving regular exercise. Reduce the intake of Capstone Track Time if horses gain too much weight or exercise intensity decreases. Introduce Capstone Track Time to your horse’s diet gradually over a period of 4 to 7 days. During periods of heavy sweat loss, additional supplementation of a good quality electrolyte, such as Capstone Horse Electrolyte, is recommended.
Capstone Track Time is a scientifically formulated feed containing the following quality ingredients:
Micronized Maize, Micronized Barley, Lupins, Oats (dressed and clipped), Canola Oil, Canola Meal, Full Fat Soya, Soya Meal, Sunflower Seeds, Sunflower Meal, Lucerne, Wheaten Bran, Molasses, Salt, Feed Lime, Di Calphos, Chromium, Magnesium, Vitamin E, Vitamin & Mineral Premix, Live Yeast, Lysine.
Store in a cool, dry place (below 25°C) away from direct sunlight with good air flow.
|Min crude protein||15||150|
|Min crude fat||6||60|
|Max crude fibre||8||80|
|Ca:P ratio||1.3 – 1.7:1|
|Est digestible energy Mj/kg||13|
|Approximate feed density is 600 grams per litre|
|D Cal Pan||mg/kg||25|