Capstone Stud Time is a muesli syle breeding feed. It is a balanced complete high protein feed, featuring premium quality micronized grains and high quality protein sources, scientifically formulated to fulfil the nutritional requirements of broodmares, stallions and growing horses.
FEATURES AND BENEFIT
- Contains micronized cereal grains: A patented, relatively new processing technology that increases small intestinal digestibility of grains and reduces the risk of starch overload of the caecum or large intestine.
- 16% Protein: High quality protein to meet the requirements of growing and breeding horses.
- High quality protein sources: Includes Full Fat Soya, and Lysine for a quality amino acid profile.
- Includes Lupins: Lupins are high in protein, provide a cool source of digestible energy, and are low in starch.
- High in fat: Fat promotes coat shine and provides horses with a cool, safe energy source.
- Good balance of major minerals: Magnesium, Calcium and Phosphorous in balance and harmony to build strong bones and provide support for in-uterus foetus, foals, weanlings, yearlings and lactating mares.
- Balance of trace minerals and vitamins: Meets all the trace vitamin and mineral requirements of horses at stud.
- Muesli style feed: Palatable and ensures horses “clean up”.
- Live Yeast culture: Increases hindgut digestion of fibre feed sources.
- Lower starch, higher fat and fibre hence a lower glycemic index feed to reduce the risk of bone disorders in growing horses.
EFFECTIVENESS OF MICRONIZED CEREAL GRAINS
Unprocessed grains let significant amounts of undigested starches pass through the large intestine or hindgut, where they ferment, resulting in lactic acid, gas, heat and ammonia build-up, leading to a lower hindgut pH. As a result, horses could suffer from acidosis, fatigue, nervous behaviour, colic, laminitis, gastro intestinal upsets and reduced performance. Capstone Stud Time contains micronized Maize and micronized Barley. Micronizing is a method of processing grains using infrared technology to heat and vibrate the starch molecule, followed by a rolling or flaking process. This dramatically improves the digestion of cereal grains in the small intestine. Increased starch digestion in the small intestine promotes weight gain or growth and reduces the need to feed as much grain, thus reducing the risk of starch overload of the hindgut. Micronized grains are therefore safer to feed. Benefits include:
- excellent digestibility,
- higher energy levels,
- a calmer horse,
- reduced lactic acid build up,
- reduced muscle soreness and cell damage
- a much lower risk of starch overload in the hindgut (colic, laminitis, acidosis & diarrhoea),
- improved palatability,
- and greater efficiency.
As a guideline:
- Growing horses will require between 3kg (or 5 litres) to 5kg (or 8.5 litres) of Capstone Stud Time per day (see table below).
- Mares will require between 3kg (or 5 litres) and 7kg (or 12 litres) of Capstone Stud Time per day (see table below).
- The amount of Capstone Stud Time fed should be varied depending on the metabolism, forage quality and body condition of the horse.
- Capstone Stud Time should be fed in conjunction with a minimum of 1% of the horse’s bodyweight (5kg for a 500kg horse) of good quality roughage such as chaff or hay to provide a fibre source for optimal hindgut health.
- It is recommended not to feed more than 2.5kg (or 4.5 litres) of Capstone Stud Time per single feed.
- Because Capstone Stud Time is a highly digestible, high energy feed, care should be taken not to overfeed horses confined to stables or not receiving regular exercise.
- If young horses gain too much weight or suffer from Developmental Orthopaedic Disease, reduce the intake and seek further nutritional advice.
- Introduce Capstone Stud Time to your horse’s diet gradually over a period of 4 to 7 days.
|Creep Fed Foals (2-5 months)||1kg – 2kg per day|
|Weanlings (5-12 months)||2kg – 3.5kg per day|
|Yearlings (12-18 months)||3kg – 5kg per day|
|Late Pregnant Mares||3kg – 5kg per day|
|Lactating Mares (first 3 months)||5kg – 7kg per day|
|Stallions||3kg – 6kg per day|
|Based on 500kg mature weight|
Capstone Stud Time is a scientifically formulated feed containing the following quality ingredients:
Micronized Maize, Micronized Barley, Lupins, Oats (dressed and clipped), Canola Oil, Canola Meal, Full Fat Soya, Sunflower Seeds, Sunflower Meal, Lucerne, Wheaten Bran, Molasses, Salt, Feed Lime, Di Calphos, Chromium, Magnesium, Vitamin & Mineral Premix, Live Yeast, Lysine.
Store in a cool, dry place (below 25°C) away from direct sunlight with good air flow.
|Min crude protein||16||160|
|Min crude fat||6||60|
|Max crude fibre||10||100|
|Ca:P ratio||1.3 – 1.6:1|
|Est digestible energy Mj/kg||12.5|
|Approximate feed density is 575 grams per litre|
|D Cal Pan||mg/kg||27|