Capstone Show Time is a maize-free muesli style feed, relatively low in energy, for mature leisure horses. It is a balanced maize-free complete feed, featuring premium quality micronized grains, scientifically formulated to fulfil the nutritional requirements of the mature leisure equine athlete.
FEATURES AND BENEFIT
- Contains micronized Barley: A patented, relatively new processing technology that increases small intestinal digestibility of grains and reduces the risk of starch overload of the caecum or large intestine.
- Live Yeast culture: Increases hindgut digestion of fibre.
- Maize free
- Medium fat: Fat promotes coat shine and provides horses with a cool, safe energy source.
- High quality protein sources: Includes Soya and Lysine for a quality amino acid profile.
- Fully fortified: Meets all the protein, vitamin and mineral requirements of the mature leisure equine athlete.
- Added antioxidants: Vitamin E and Selenium can reduce muscle soreness, cell damage and other related disorders.
- Added Chromium: To improve Glucose transfer and reduce lactic acid accumulation.
- Added Electrolytes: To replace electrolyte losses in sweat during exercise and travel.
- Muesli style feed: Highly palatable and ensures horses “clean up”.
- Added Lucerne Chaff: Can be fed straight from the bag.
- High levels of B Vitamins: To help build red blood cells and keeps horses “cleaning up” feed.
- Contains Biotin: Aids in the growth of healthy hooves.
EFFECTIVENESS OF MICRONIZED CEREAL GRAINS
Unprocessed grains let significant amounts of undigested starches pass through the large intestine or hindgut, where they ferment, resulting in lactic acid, gas, heat and ammonia build-up, leading to a lower hindgut pH. As a result, horses could suffer from acidosis, fatigue, nervous behaviour, colic, laminitis, gastro intestinal upsets and reduced performance.
Capstone Show Time contains micronized Barley. Micronizing is a method of processing grains using infrared technology to heat and vibrate the starch molecule, followed by a rolling or flaking process. This dramatically improves the digestion of cereal grains in the small intestine. Increased starch digestion in the small intestine promotes weight gain or growth and reduces the need to feed as much grain, thus reducing the risk of starch overload of the hindgut. Micronized grains are therefore safer to feed. Benefits include:
- excellent digestibility,
- higher energy levels,
- a calmer horse,
- reduced lactic acid build up,
- reduced muscle soreness and cell damage
- a much lower risk of starch overload in the hindgut (colic, laminitis, acidosis & diarrhoea),
- improved palatability,
- and greater efficiency.
GENERAL FEEDING GUIDELINE
As a guideline:
- Horses weighing approximately 500kg in light to moderate exercise will require between 3kg (or 6.5 litres) to 5kg (or 10.5 litres) of Capstone Show Time per day. The amount of Capstone Show Time fed should be varied depending on the intensity of exercise, metabolism, forage quality and body condition of the horse.
- Halve the intake of Capstone Show Time on rest days.
- Capstone Show Time should be fed in conjunction with a minimum of 1% of the horse’s bodyweight (5kg for a 500kg horse) of good quality roughage such as chaff or hay to provide a fibre source for optimal hindgut health.
- It is recommended not to feed more than 2.5kg (or 5 litres) of Capstone Show Time per single feed.
- Reduce the intake of Capstone Show Time if horses gain too much weight or training intensity decreases.
- Introduce Capstone Show Time to your horse’s diet gradually over a period of 4 to 7 days.
- During periods of heavy sweat loss, additional supplementation of a good quality electrolyte, such as Capstone Horse Electrolyte, is recommended.
Capstone Show Time is a scientifically formulated feed containing the following quality ingredients:
Micronized Barley, Lupins, Oats (dressed and clipped), Canola Oil, Canola Meal, Soya, Sunflower Seeds, Sunflower Meal, Lucerne, Wheaten Bran, Molasses, Salt, Feed Lime, Di Calphos, Chromium, Magnesium, Vitamin & Mineral Premix, Live Yeast, Lysine.
Store in a cool, dry place (below 25°C) away from direct sunlight with good air flow.
|Min crude protein||12||120|
|Min crude fat||5||50|
|Max crude fibre||14||140|
|Ca:P ratio||1.4 – 2.0:1|
|Est digestible energy Mj/kg||11.75|
|Approximate feed density is 475 grams per litre|
|Vitamin A||IU/kg||13 000|
|Vitamin D3||IU/kg||1 050|
|D Cal Pan||mg/kg||27|