Capstone Race 13® is a high energy, premium quality feed, scientifically designed to provide hi-performance equine athletes with optimum nutrition to sustain the high demands of hard racing, and maintain that all-important competitive edge.
Capstone Race 13® is made under license for Hallway Feeds, USA. Race 13® is the choice of the world’s leading trainers, and is the benchmark for hi-performance equine diets. Extensive research, testing and an impressive list of champions (including The Kentucky Derby and Royal Ascot winners) support the reputation of Race 13®
FEATURES AND BENEFIT
- Contains micronized Maize: A patented, relatively new processing technology that greatly increases small intestinal digestibility of maize and reduces the risk of starch overload of the caecum or large intestine.
- Contains Beet Pulp Shreds: A highly digestible super fibre providing a unique source of energy.
- High energy feed: Hi-performance nutrition offering a range of different energy sources designed to maximise athletic ability under the rigours of a hard racing campaign.
- Fully fortified: Contains Stamm 30®, a highly valued source of protein, vitamin and mineral supplement for performance equine athletes. Contains proteinated trace minerals (Copper, Zinc, and Manganese) to increase the bioavailablity of these critical elements.
- Live Yeast culture: For increased microbial activity in the hindgut which in turn results in increased enzyme production that enhances Phosphorus, Magnesium and Potassium absorption and fibre digestion.
- High levels of Bioavailable Magnesium: Utilised by horses for increased muscle strength and structural integrity. Also enhances the blood-clotting factor.
- Added antioxidants: Contains Vitamin E and organic Selenium which help reduce muscle soreness, cell damage and other related disorders.
- Added Chromium: To improve Glucose transfer and reduce lactic acid accumulation.
- High levels of B Vitamins: To help build red blood cells and keeps horses “cleaning up” feed.
- Muesli style sweet feed: Highly palatable and ensures horses “clean up”.
EFFECTIVENESS OF MICRONIZED CEREAL GRAINS
Unprocessed grains let significant amounts of undigested starches pass through the large intestine or hindgut, where they ferment, resulting in lactic acid, gas, heat and ammonia build-up, leading to a lower hindgut pH. As a result, horses could suffer from acidosis, fatigue, nervous behaviour, colic, laminitis, gastro intestinal upsets and reduced performance.
Capstone Race 13® contains micronized Maize. Micronizing is a method of processing grains using infrared technology to heat and vibrate the starch molecule, followed by a rolling or flaking process. This dramatically improves the digestion of cereal grains in the small intestine. Increased starch digestion in the small intestine promotes weight gain or growth and reduces the need to feed as much grain, thus reducing the risk of starch overload of the hindgut. Micronized grains are therefore safer to feed.
- excellent digestibility,
- higher energy levels,
- a calmer horse,
- reduced lactic acid build up,
- reduced muscle soreness and cell damage,
- a much lower risk of starch overload in the hindgut (colic, laminitis, acidosis & diarrhoea),
- improved palatability,
- and greater efficiency.
As a guideline:
- Horses in full exercise, weighing approximately 500kg, will require between 4kg (or 6.5 litres) to 8kg (or 13 litres) of Capstone Race 13® per day. The amount of Capstone Race 13® fed should be varied depending on the exercise intensity, size and body condition of the horse.
- Capstone Race 13® should be fed in conjunction with a minimum of 1% of the horse’s bodyweight (5kg for a 500kg horse) of good quality roughage such as chaff or hay to provide a fibre source for optimal hindgut health.
- It is recommended not to feed more than 2.5kg (or 4 litres) of Capstone Race 13® per single feed.
- Because Capstone Race 13® is a highly digestible, high energy feed, care should be taken not to overfeed and feed should match the intensity of exercise. Reduce the intake of Capstone Race 13® if horses gain too much weight, training intensity decreases and on
rest days. Introduce Capstone Race 13® to your horse’s diet gradually over a period of 4 to 7 days. This feed is not suitable for horses confined to stables and not receiving regular exercise.
Capstone Race 13® is a scientifically formulated feed containing the following quality ingredients:
Micronized Maize, Crushed Maize, Oats (dressed and clipped), Beet Shreds, Molasses, Canola Oil, Full Fat Soya, Salt, Potassium, Magnesium, Natural Vitamin E, Chromium, Live Yeast, Minerals (including Organic Minerals), Vitamin & Amino Acid Balancer, Stamm 30®, Pellet Supplement.
Store in a cool, dry place (below 25°C) away from direct sunlight with good air flow.
|Min crude protein||13||130|
|Min crude fat||6||60|
|Max crude fibre||8||80|
|Ca:P ratio||1.5 to 1.8:1|
|Est digestible energy Mj/kg||13|
|Approximate feed density is 625 grams per litre|
|D Cal Pan||mg/kg||25|