Capstone Perform Time is a general purpose, medium-high energy oat-free pelleted feed for all classes of high performance horses. It is a balanced complete feed, featuring premium quality micronized cereal grains, scientifically formulated to fulfil the nutritional requirements of the equine athlete.
FEATURES AND BENEFIT
- Oat free: For calmer and tractable behaviour in horses.
- Added fat: Safe cool energy source that reduces the risk of starch overload of the hindgut. Fat also promotes coat shine.
- Pelleted formula: Cost-effective processing that reduces wastage and reduces sifting of powdered vitamins and minerals.
- High quality protein sources: Includes Soya for a quality amino acid profile.
- Fully fortified: Meets all the protein, vitamin and mineral requirements of the equine athlete.
- Live Yeast culture: Increases hindgut digestion of fibre.
- Added antioxidants: Vitamin E and Selenium can reduce muscle soreness, cell damage and other related disorders.
- Added Chromium: To improve Glucose transfer and reduce lactic acid accumulation.
EFFECTIVENESS OF MICRONIZED CEREAL GRAINS
Unprocessed grains let significant amounts of undigested starches pass through the large intestine or hindgut, where they ferment, resulting in lactic acid, gas, heat and ammonia build-up, leading to a lower hindgut pH. As a result, horses could suffer from acidosis, fatigue, nervous behaviour, colic, laminitis, gastro intestinal upsets and reduced performance.
Capstone Perform Time contains micronized Maize and micronized Barley. Micronizing is a method of processing grains using infrared technology to heat and vibrate the starch molecule, followed by a rolling or flaking process. This dramatically improves the digestion of cereal grains in the small intestine. Increased starch digestion in the small intestine promotes weight gain or growth and reduces the need to feed as much grain, thus reducing the risk of starch overload of the hindgut. Micronized grains are therefore safer to feed.
- excellent digestibility,
- higher energy levels,
- a calmer horse,
- reduced lactic acid build up,
- reduced muscle soreness and cell damage
- a much lower risk of starch overload in the hindgut (colic, laminitis, acidosis & diarrhoea),
- improved palatability,
- and greater efficiency.
As a guideline:
- Horses in full exercise will require between 4kg to 9kg of Capstone Perform Time per day. The amount of Capstone Perform Time fed should be varied depending on the exercise intensity, metabolism, forage quality and body condition of the horse.
- Capstone Perform Time should be fed in conjunction with a minimum of 1% of the horse’s bodyweight (5kg for a 500kg horse) of good quality roughage such as chaff or hay to provide a fibre source for optimal hindgut health.
- It is recommended not to feed more than 3kg of Capstone Perform Time per single feed.
- No additional supplementation is required if fed at recommended rates.
- Care should be taken not to overfeed horses on rest days or during periods of stable confinement. If your horse gains too much weight, reduce the feed gradually. Introduce Capstone Perform Time to your horse’s diet gradually over a period of 4 to 7 days. During periods of heavy sweat loss, additional supplementation of a good quality electrolyte, such as Capstone Horse Electrolyte, is recommended.
Capstone Perform Time is a scientifically formulated feed containing the following quality ingredients:
Micronized Maize, Micronized Barley, Lupins, Canola Oil, Canola Meal, Soya, Sunflower, Canola, Lucerne, Wheaten Bran, Molasses, Salt, Feed Lime, Chromium, Magnesium, Vitamin & Mineral Premix, Live Yeast.
Store in a cool, dry place (below 25°C) away from direct sunlight with good air flow.
|Min crude protein||14||140|
|Min crude fat||5||50|
|Max crude fibre||8||80|
|Ca:P ratio||1.4 – 1.6:1|
|Est digestible energy Mj/kg||12.5|
|D Cal Pan||mg/kg||27|