“Research separates the innovator from the imitator”
– Joe D. Pagan, Ph.D., Founder Kentucky Equine Research
The Capstone Horse Feed product range is designed to provide our customers with the highest quality nutritional products available to produce the best possible results for horses and includes 10 individual feeds, and an electrolyte replacer.
- These high-quality feeds are produced from selected ingredients and are scientifically formulated to high nutritional levels.
- The product range comprises of mixes in muesli style, and in pelleted form to suit client preferences.
- All products are formulated by KER to a ‘fixed formula specification’; only KER are entitled to change the Capstone formulations be it to include new research and findings or due to the unavailability of a certain ingredient.
- All Capstone products include KER’s first grade specific vitamin and mineral premix.
- Highest quality = smaller quantity needed.
- The micronized grains used in Capstone products provides increased efficient digestibility.
- All products are dust free with minimum ‘fines’, thus greatly reducing the risk of respiratory problems, and upper airway and lung infections.
THE KEY TO FEEDING CAPSTONE
Scientifically balanced, the range has been designed with Capstone Lifetime Balancer (“LTB”) at the epicentre. As a general guideline a horse requires 1kg* of LTB to meet its daily nutritional requirements (protein, vitamins and minerals). LTB can be fed as the sole grain to horses that do not require energy.
*750gm for smaller horse/pony, and 1.5kg for a big horse/lactating mare
The other 9 feeds in the Capstone range (which provide varying levels of energy) contain a percentage of LTB. When these feeds are fed at levels lower than recommended, LTB should be added to the diet (250g for every 1kg fed less) to ensure the horse is receiving its correct daily nutritional requirements.
Example: The recommended level of feeding Capstone Perform Time is 4kg – 9kg per day depending on required energy level. If feeding a horse 2kg of Capstone Perform Time per day, add 500gm of Capstone Life Time Balancer per day to ensure the horse is receiving its correct daily nutritional requirements (protein, vitamins and minerals).