Capstone Flexi Time is a highly concentrated muesli style oat-free feed ideal for home mixers, and suitable for breeding, racing and performance horses. It is a versatile highly concentrated feed featuring premium quality micronized grains, quality protein sources, minerals and vitamins, and has been scientifically formulated to fulfil the nutritional requirements of breeding, racing and performance horses.
FEATURES AND BENEFIT
- Contains micronized cereal grains: A patented, relatively new processing technology that increases small intestinal digestibility of grains and reduces the risk of starch overload of the caecum or large intestine.
- Oat free: For the home mixer to add (ad lib) depending on energy level required.
- 20% Protein: High protein to meet the requirements of growing and breeding horses.
- High quality protein sources: Includes Full Fat Soya and Lysine for a quality amino acid profile.
- Includes Lupins: Lupins provide a cool energy source of energy – high in protein and digestible fibre, but low in starch.
- Muesli style feed: Highly palatable and ensures horses “clean up”.
- Fully fortified: Meets all the protein, vitamin and mineral requirements of the equine athlete.
- High in fat: Cool energy source that reduces the risk of starch overload of the hindgut. Fat also promotes coat shine.
- Live Yeast culture: Increases hindgut digestion of fibre.
- Added antioxidants: Vitamin E and Selenium can reduce muscle soreness, cell damage and other related disorders.
- Added Chromium: To improve Glucose transfer and reduce lactic acid accumulation.
- High levels of B Vitamins: To help build red blood cells and keeps horses “cleaning up” feed.
EFFECTIVENESS OF MICRONIZED CEREAL GRAINS
Unprocessed grains let significant amounts of undigested starches pass through the large intestine or hindgut, where they ferment, resulting in lactic acid, gas, heat and ammonia build-up, leading to a lower hindgut pH. As a result, horses could suffer from acidosis, fatigue, nervous behaviour, colic, laminitis, gastro intestinal upsets and reduced performance.
Capstone Flexi Time contains micronized Maize and micronized Barley. Micronizing is a method of processing grains using infrared technology to heat and vibrate the starch molecule, followed by a rolling or flaking process. This dramatically improves the digestion of cereal grains in the small intestine. Increased starch digestion in the small intestine promotes weight gain or growth and reduces the need to feed as much grain, thus reducing the risk of starch overload of the hindgut. Micronized grains are therefore safer to feed. Benefits include:
- excellent digestibility,
- higher energy levels,
- a calmer horse,
- reduced lactic acid build up,
- reduced muscle soreness and cell damage,
- a much lower risk of starch overload in the hindgut (colic, laminitis, acidosis & diarrhoea),
- improved palatability,
- and greater efficiency.
As a guideline:
- Capstone Flexi Time should be fed at the rate of 1.5kg (or 2.5 litres) to 2kg (or 3 litres) per horse per day.
- Capstone Flexi Time is designed to be fed as the sole grain portion of the ration, or with additional straight grains if more energy is required.
- Capstone Flexi Time can be used in a diet with all types of additional grains and forage and is designed to balance the diet regardless of other ingredients used, and the ratios in which they are added.
- Capstone Flexi Time should be fed in conjunction with a minimum of 1% of the horse’s bodyweight (5kg for a 500kg horse) of good quality roughage such as chaff or hay and/or pasture to provide a fibre source for optimal hindgut health.
- Because Capstone Flexi Time is a highly digestible, high energy, high protein feed, care should be taken not to overfeed horses confined to stables or not receiving regular exercise. Introduce Capstone Flexi Time to your horse’s diet gradually over a period of 4 to 7 days. During periods of heavy sweat loss, additional supplementation of a good quality electrolyte, such as Capstone Horse Electrolyte, is recommended. When Capstone Flexi Time is fed at recommended levels, no other supplement is required.
Capstone Flexi Time is a scientifically formulated feed containing the following quality ingredients:
Micronized Maize, Micronized Barley, Lupins, Canola Oil, Canola Meal, Full Fat Soya, Soya Meal, Sunflower Seeds, Sunflower Meal, Wheaten Bran, Molasses, Vegetable Oil, Salt, Feed Lime, Di Calphos, Chromium, Magnesium, Vitamin E, Vitamin & Mineral Premix, Live Yeast, Lysine.
Store in a cool, dry place (below 25°C) away from direct sunlight with good air flow.
|Min crude protein||20||200|
|Min crude fat||7||70|
|Max crude fibre||10||100|
|Est digestible energy Mj/kg||12.75|
|Approximate feed density is 650 grams per litre|
|D Cal Pan||mg/kg||38|